Dear Mr. Miller: My Dad died recently. The only asset he owned was his house, worth about $1 million, free and clear. He placed the title in his Living Trust. I am the only child and beneficiary. I was all ready to sell the house when escrow asked me for a copy of the Trust. … Read more
Elder Law Articles
About Living Trusts is hosted by the Law Offices of Merwyn J. Miller, as your online resource center to help you explore these key issues, and others, regarding your estate.
- Board Certified Specialist in Estate Planning, Trust & Probate Law
- Co-Author of legal text book and of “Don’t Go Broke in a Nursing Home”
- Teacher of law courses at public and private colleges
- Continuing Education Instructor for attorneys
- Columnist for largest regional newspaper in San Diego County and professional journals for 15 years, Contributing author to the book “In Your Service: The Veteran’s Friend”
- Masters Degree in Financial Services - Estate Planning
For over 3 decades Mr. Miller has helped me with both my business and personal legal affairs. I also am friends with many veterans who praise his work in the field of Veterans Affairs. I would describe him as knowledgeable, experienced, and very trustworthy.
Mr. Miller & Kristen were instrumental in helping me obtain the Veterans Pension Benefit, which has truly been “life-changing” for me! Their involvement was crucial to my qualifying and the successful submission of an application that was approved the first time through. There is no way I would have ever navigated this complex process without their expertise and guidance. It was a pleasure to interact with the staff. All of them were very professional and exhibited a caring/helpful attitude. I am so appreciative of their services. I hope every veteran is able to avail themselves of this wonderful program.
Grateful WWII Naval Veteran
Mr. Miller and his staff expertly handled the complex, intricate filing for a Veterans’ Aid and Attendance pension benefit for my elderly father. This benefit – though it took a seemingly very long time to be approved – turned out to be the sole way our family could possibly afford proper care for a brave vet who had entered the murky waters of dementia. Miller and his staff kept me briefed throughout the process and were instrumental in coaching me what to expect and when. And they were right!